Have you ever been so frustrated by the automatic computer generated voices that give you 500 options, then tell you that your call will be answered in five minutes. Which then turns into fifty minutes. And worst of all you are paying for the call.
A Whole New Brand World
The call for the longest call at Zappos lasted for over five hours. The call centre agent became a hero. Can you imagine this happening to the companies you deal with. No, we cant either.
Today Walter and I discuss the narrow minded thinking of business that look at operational efficiency that is busy destroying business’s. And no, this is not going to make things fall apart in the next year or two but definatley in the not so distant future.
From Command Control Tactics To The Boer war
We discuss how marketing has evolved from the command and control strategies and tactics to mobility and organic marketing and look at:
- How customer thinking has changed and the role of business
- Is the chief marketing officer is dead – no role
- Why bad business is run by efficiency experts rather than customer happiness
- Are customers a necessary evil
- Zappos – why they really are such a good example and not just a cliché
- Why your competition is Zappos, Amazon and any other brilliant customer experience
- Your brand is everything and you are good as your worst experience.
- Why big brand companies have a shelf life — and why the boring gurus CEO wont win tomorrows awards
- The customer experience is the new benchmark. It is the new differentiating factor and defines what is possible.